Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mosaic Challenge Tray







We had another challenge in the eBay group this month. I really enjoyed this one since it was my first every mosaic on a tray, a silver plated tray, that I cleaned up and spray painted with a metal primer, and gave it a few good coats of a good metal paint. I than used some of my pretty plate rim tiles that I had made and put these wonderful pink roses on. The center focal I used was this vintage girl among pink roses and lily of the valleys. I embossed the edges of all the tiles .. Pretty dark green embossed leaf tiles were used around the border of the center focal, I than used some pretty soft pink glass beads and glued them down among the leaf tiles. This set up for a week or so until I found the time to grout it. Once grouted I used a pretty sanded grout . I think this piece came out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment