Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas was wonderful .

We had a wonderful Christmas this year , make sandwiches out of a ham I cooked in the oven for several hours. Picked up some chips and dip, coke's and after wrapping the presents for all the kiddies headed over to my folks house for some Christmas Cheer. Each year we head over to my folks for our annual Christmas Eve party! Oh the food on that table , yummy handmade crab balls, with crackers, chocolate covered cherries, Ham sandwiches, little smokies slow cooked in grape jelly, divinity, hummingbird cake, the list goes on and on. I think I just gained 5 lbs.
It is a wonderful time of the year when family comes in from far and wide to spend this time with family members. Unfortunately two of my sisters and their family were not able to make it again this year.
We enjoyed the time spent with each other. Opened the gifts later that evening , not many presents under the tree, we are all feeling the bite of shortage of $ but we did not seem to mind. We were together, that was really all that mattered.
Christmas day we Randy and I went to hubby's folks for Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful time there also. Folks came and left, presents were unwrapped, kids played on the living room floor among the wrappings. Feeling really blessed right now. Thank you Lord for another wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
I decorated the folks tree again this year and added some pink silk roses, some of my handmade painted rose ornaments for the perfect touch I also purchased some pink lights this year. Mama was so thrilled~ it was so much fun decorating the tree with her helping me untangle the hangers. I enjoy the time spend with my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment