Monday, May 5, 2008

Bird nest and Baby birdies


I am finding it harder and harder to stay indoors and work in my studio with all the wonderful sunny weather we have been having lately. I have been painting tiles and finishing up some custom orders of handmade tiles today and finally loaded the kiln up and got it fired..

I found a bird nest nestled in the basket of roses I have by the side door, peeked in and saw little yellow beak and peeked farther in and saw not one but four little faces staring up at me.. Not a one of them moved! All eyes were on me. I snapped a few photos. They will be leaving the next soon from the size of the them. Each time I exited the house the momma bird flew off the next,I don't understand that, guess I frighten her when I walk by? While I am by the kiln loading the tiles in and out of the corner of my eye I saw a movement, the mommy bird had returned to her nest. I believe it may be a wren, as she flew away I noticed her back was a rust color. If you peek closely you can see one of the yellow v shaped mouths..

No comments:

Post a Comment